- He belongs to a background of family restaurant as his father owns a chain of 10 restaurants called Saleem’s in Delhi.
- He became interested in films and began auditioning for film roles, eventually signing a two-film deal with Y-Films, a subsidiary of Yash Raj Films (YRF), as actor.
- He's role was that of a collegiate jester named Vishal Bhatt, who, with his friend Hacky, continued pranking their friends.
- He assisted his father in his college days, but didn’t find much interest in it.
- He accidentally became an actor as he went to Mumbai to save his relationship with his girlfriend who left Delhi and went to Mumbai to became an actress.
- He played the role of Virat Kolhi in the film Dishoom.
- He calls his sister Huma Qureshi as Humiaji instead of baji (sister) as he finds it difficult to pronounce.
- He is a huge fan of Sachin Tendulkar, whereas his sister is a huge fan of Shahid Afridi.
- He plays for Mumbai Heroes at the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
In 2010, one of his friends informed him that Bollywood film production house Yash Raj Films (YRF) auditioned for new faces. Saleem was interested and he gave his audition.However, it was 8-9 months before he received confirmation from the production house that he had been selected. The film for which he was selected was Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge, a romantic comedy as part of the social networking site Facebook; it was led by beginner Nupur Asthana. Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge is a love story that develops on Facebook where the protagonists change their identity so that their partners fall in love with them.
Starring newcomers Nishant Dahiya and Saba Azad, as well as Saleem and Tara D'Souza, the film was released under Y-Films, a subsidiary of YRF. Saleem explained that he "liked the script and I did it, I think young people will tell and connect with him. I think the film will put me in a different light and open a lot of doors for me. " to follow a month of workshops under Aditya Chopra, where they repeated each other's lines of the screenplay.
The following year, Saleem appeared in Mere Dad Ki Maruti of Y-Films directed by Ashima Chibber. The film revolves around a Punjabi wedding, where a boy (played by Saleem) steals his father's car to impress a girl and depicts how his plans go astray. The year 2013 saw the release of the experimental anthology film Bombay Talkies composed of four short films. Saleem was part of the Karan Johar segment entitled "Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh", opposite Rani Mukerji and Randeep Hooda. He played the role of Avinash, a young homosexual man, who is infatuated with the husband of his colleague.
In addition to acting in film and modeling, Saleem is a member of the "Mumbai Heroes" and several actors of the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL), a non-professional men's cricket league in India composed of eight actors of regional cinema. Indian cinema. The league was started in 2011, and since its inception it has been widely reported in Indian media.
Leats Read: Salman Khan, Bollywood Badsha, Pooja Hegde, Rakul Preeti,