- He belongs to a humble Tulu speaking Bunt family as his father used to clean plates in Worli, Mumbai as he initially worked as a waiter at a restaurant.
- His father’s boss called his father to manage his new business, and by 1943, his father had bought the whole building.
- He knows Karate and is a black belt in Kick Boxing.
- Due to his masculine body, he is regarded as the He-Man of the Bollywood.
- He won his first Filmfare Award for Best Villain for his performance in Dhadkan (2001).
- He changed his name from “Sunil” to “Suniel” (extra “e” added).
- He is a devotee of Lord Shiva.
- He loves playing cricket and has played for the Mumbai Heroes in the Celebrity Cricket League.
- He changed the spelling of his Sunil name to Suniel for numerological reasons in 2014.
- He also played alongside Isha Koppikar in Arjun Rampal's first film, Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat.
Sunil Shetty's first film was Balwaan , opposite Divya Bharti. The film was hit and launched his career as an action hero. He continued to play the protagonist in various hit films such as Waqt Hamara Hai , Dilwale , Anth , Mohra , Gopi Kishan , Krishna, Sapoot , Rakshak, Border, Bhai , Hera Pheri , Dhadkan Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar, Main Hoon Na, Welcome, and Red Alert: The War Within
Shetty was primarily involved in action movies throughout the 1990s, playing the male protagonist in most of the movies in which he played during the decade. From early 2000, it appears mainly in multi-starrers in several genres.
In 2005, on the eve of the 61st birthday of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, the Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress honored Shetty with the Rajiv Gandhi Award
Shetty won the Filmfare award for best villain in 2001 for Dhadkan. In 2009, Shetty won the Best Actor Award at the South Asian International Film Festival for her role in the Indian film Naxalite Red Alert.
The actor also has companies. Shetty produces such films as Khel - No Ordinary Game, Rakht and Bhagam Bhag under the banner of Popcorn Motion Pictures. Along with Mukesh Chhabra, one of the best-known names in the casting fraternity, Shetty has also launched an online business called "F ... the Couch"
The FTC is a digital platform for discovering new talents in Bollywood that provides a platform for new artists to find a place in Bollywood. In addition to being part of this project, Shetty has also been actively involved in real estate and restoration activities.