- He is the youngest son of famous screenwriter- Salim Khan and Sushila Charak. Her mother, later adopted the name, Salma Khan.
- He wanted to become a pilot, but due to his eye-sight problem, he wasn’t selected.
- He made a headstart to his Bollywood career as a director in 1997 with his brother Salman Khan in Auzaar.
- His directorial breakthrough- Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya was a big blockbuster in 1998.
- He owns a production house titled Sohail Khan Productions.
- He loves watching WWE wrestling.
- He has produced many live stage shows in India as well as all over the world showcasing various Indian film stars.
- He is the owner of Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) team, Mumbai Heroes.
- He has also produced live performances in India and around the world featuring various Indian film stars.
Khan began his career as a director and director making his directorial debut with the 1997 Auzaar action thriller, starring his brother Salman and Sanjay Kapoor. He then directed his two brothers, Salman and Arbaaz, in the hit movie Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya and the least well-known Hello Brother under his previous banner "G.S. Entertainment".
In 2002, he wrote, produced, directed, and debuted as an actor in Maine Dil Tujhko Diya, who did average box office.He then appeared in a few other films, none of which sold well. He had his first shot with the movie Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? in which he co-starred with his brother Salman Khan.He also wrote the story, produced and starred in the multi-starred Fight Club - Members Only, which again did not do well at the box office.
In 2006, due to a delayed release, the boxing drama Aryan, for which his performance was appreciated, failed to do well. In 2007, he produced another successful movie, Partner, which featured his brother Salman Khan and Govinda in lead roles with Lara Dutta and Katrina Kaif playing their love interests, respectively.
His company also produced music videos and even made a television foray into Chehre Pe Chehra, which was directed by Rishi Vohra. In 2008, he appeared in Hello and Heroes.
In 2009, he co-starred with brother Arbaaz in Kisaan and played in Main Aur Mrs Khanna and Do Knot Disturb. In 2010, he appears in Veer with his brother Salman, released on January 22, 2010.
He returns to management with the movie Jai Ho, with Salman Khan in the lead, coming out in January 2014 for mixed reviews. In 2016, he directed Freaky Ali, with brother Arbaaz in the lead. In 2017, he returns to comedy after seven years of appearances alongside his brother Salman in Tubelight.