- His father was very strict, so he was not allowed to watch films. The first film which he watched with the help of his servant was ‘Awara’ (1951 ) after which he became a huge Raj Kapoor fan.
- He was more inclined towards direction than acting, he acted in only 30 films in his 20-year-long career.
- He proposed to his wife Zarine Katrak at the age of 18, in fact, Zarine Khan was only 12 when he proposed to her. They came into a relationship after a year and dated each other for a long time before getting married.
- He is very passionate about sports cars and most of his cars are imported.
- He previously owned the five-star deluxe Golden Palms Hotel and Spa in Bangalore.
- He later directed Abdullah and Kala Dhanda Goray Log who was his last appearance at the cinema.
Sanjay Khan at Esha Deol's wedding in 2012.Khan made his debut with a small role in Chetan Anand's Haqeeqat 1964 film. Later that year, he played a supporting role in the hit film Dosti.
He then starred in hit films such as Dus Lakh , Ek Phool Do Mali, Intaqam and Dhund .He co-starred with his older brother Feroz in three hit movies Upaasna , Mela and Nagin . He became producer and director with the film Chandi Sona .
In 1990, he played and directed India's first historical television series, The Sword of Tipu Sultan, based on the novel of the same name.
He produced and directed the mega Indian television series, based on the fictional life of Maratha General Mahadji Scindia: The Great Maratha. In the mid-1990s, he produced and directed television series such as Jai Hanuman, 1857 Kranti and Maharathi Karna.