- He is the fourth generation of the highly prestigious and first family of Bollywood- Kapoor family.
- He got his name from his grandfather, Raj Kapoor, as his real name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- He has an inch long cut on his right cheek; as he was rushing to the bathroom in his childhood days and fell down on the pot.
- Besides acting, he is a trained Jazz and Ballet dancer. He has also undergone horse riding classes.
- He was the first choice for the role of Bittoo Sharma in the movie Band Baja Baarat, but he wasn’t able to get that. Later, he regretted not being the part of the film at Koffee With Karan.
- He was approached for the second lead in Star Wars, but he refused.
- He has often tried to quit smoking, but he couldn’t. He admitted in an interview that he lacks the willpower to quit smoking.
- He is very much Brand conscious and prefers wearing Prada slippers at home.
- He is addicted to Candy Crush that whenever he finds some leisure time, he loves playing it.
- He also learned to play guitar and practiced a lot at A.R. Rahman's music studio.
After the liberation of Black, Bhansali interpreted Kapoor as the protagonist of his tragic romance of 2007 Saawariya, alongside Sonam Kapoor and Rani Mukerji. The film tells the story of a tramp, played by him, who falls in love obsessively with a woman waiting for the return of her lover. In an interview with the Rediff.com news and entertainment portal, Kapoor said that his character was written in tribute to his grandfather's iconic roles as a tramp.Saawariya was the first Indian film to be produced by a Hollywood studio, and was a highly anticipated release.
However, movie critics were disappointed with the image with Jaspreet Pandohar of the BBC calling him a "failure on a massive scale".CNN-IBN's Rajeev Masand considered it "artificial and false", but was impressed by Kapoor's "affable charm" and wrote that "he has that star quality that is so rare to find".At the box office, Saawariya failed to earn profits.However, at the annual Filmfare Awards ceremony, Kapoor received the best first male trophy.
Following an article number in the children's film Chillar Party, Kapoor took on the role of Janardhan "Jordan" Jakhar in Rockstar by Imtiaz Ali, a drama that follows the path of a budding musician. a humble international reputation. In preparation for the role, Kapoor lived with a Jat family in Pitam Pura and studied their manners. As part of the promotional activity of the film, Kapoor performed at a live concert in Mumbai.
The film critics were polarized about their vision of the film, but they were unanimous in Kapoor's eulogy. Aniruddha Guha of Daily News and Analysis was particularly impressed by the film and thought that Kapoor's performance was one of the most accomplished performances of Hindi cinema. by a lead actor. " For this role, Kapoor won the Best Actor and Best Actor awards at the 57th Annual Filmfare Awards, as well as the Best Actor Awards at Screen and IIFA With gross revenues of 1.07 billion, Rockstar was one of the most profitable Indian films of the year.
After a year's absence from the screen, Kapoor appeared as a mysterious thief in Roy, a romantic thriller that criticized Sarita Tanwar described as a film "boring, exhausting and pretentious".The series of financial failures continued with his forthcoming release, the Anurag Kashyap Bombay Velvet-based crime drama, based on the book by historian Gyan Prakash Mumbai Fables, which also featured Anushka Sharma and Karan. Johar.Kapoor described an ambitious boxer in the 1960s who is drawn to a life of crime; he based his tapori diction on the character of Johnny Walker in M. and Mme '55.
Kapoor spoke about his personal life and said that his parents' marriage had taught him how complex a relationship can be. He had his first serious relationship in seventh grade and suffered depression when he finished.During the filming of Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008, Kapoor began dating his girlfriend Deepika Padukone.The relationship attracted significant media coverage in India and they speculated on an imminent commitment.
However, the couple separated a year later.Kapoor argued that the split was friendly, although the media widely reported that the split was due to Kapoor's infidelity. Kapoor later confessed: "Yes, by lack of maturity, inexperience, profit from certain temptations, insensitivity."Later in 2015, Kapoor testified that they both resolved the dispute and moved out. on their life.Since the split, he has been reluctant to publicly discuss his personal life.